Daily Archives: 6th July 2015


Minutes of Ordinary Meeting 3 MARCH 2015

Meeting opened: 7:37pm

ATTENDANCE:
Sue Campbell
Jocelyn Fox
Kaye Hilaire
Ann Kirrage
Eve Bray
Richard Eggins
Shayne Iversen
Anne Simpson
Ross Earby
Phillip Windley
Daphne Windley
Clr Amanda Findley
Clr Mark Kitchener
Murray Fox

APOLOGIES:
Gary Druett
Cheryl Druett
Chris Campbell
Carol Rankin
Ken Rankin
Brett Simpson

Minutes of previous meeting read. Accepted: Anne Simpson 2nd: Kaye Hilaire

Business Arising from Minutes:

  • Treasurer reports that the balance in the Minutes from last meeting should have been recorded as $11341.12 as was the closing bank statement balance not $11437.92 as was the cash book balance after outstanding income and expenses were factored in. All noted on the Treasurers Report in the correct format just recorded in the Minutes incorrectly. Apologies.
  • Sign – Ann Kirrage spoke with Kaye Murray. Ann provided alternate location on the other side of the driveway – Sthn side of the mill driveway. Ann suggested on the flat near Mr Spear’s paddock. Council would maintain.
  • Secretary error in last minutes – Centerlink letter was approval to use not declining approval. Apologies.

CORRESPONDENCE IN:

  • SCC email – potential phone scam
  • SCC email – host of MX Nationals in August
  • SCC email – ensure dogs are secure
  • SCC email – REMS Stage 1B review of environmental factors
  • SCC email – Building Communities; one handshake at a time
  • SCC email – Community Grants Scheme
  • SCC email – Youth Week
  • SCC email – dumping of waste
  • SCC email – Senior’s Week
  • Alison Reminis Cleaning – regarding public liability insurance
  • Valuer General – Notice of Land Valuation

CORRESPONDENCE OUT:

  • Various invitations to Woodchop sponsors for Community Day.

TREASURERS REPORT:
Opening Balance                                                    $11341.12
Income                                                                      $ 804.57
Expenses                                                                   $ 441.20
————–
Closing Balance                                                      $11704.49
————–

O/S Expenses                                                          $ 234.95
————–
Balance after o/s expenses                                 $11569.54
(cash book balance)

Accepted: Kaye Hilaire 2nd: Anne Simpson

GENERAL BUSINESS:

  • Sue Campbell obtained quote for Holland blinds with stainless steel accessories for $231.00. Anne Simpson moved we go ahead with order. 2nd Kaye Hilaire.
  • Owen Wood quote for bars on the windows – $401.50. Kaye Hilaire moved we accept quote. 2nd Ann Kirrage.
  • Discussion of public liability requirements of any contract cleaner. Our insurance does not cover cleaner. We are happy with Alison Reminis’ work. Ann Kirrage expressed thought it was cleaner once a month and volunteers weekly – this was agreed upon as was the general idea. Ross Earby suggested we ask Alison to clean weekly only and have volunteers alternate week. Phillip Windley asked how long it should take for a major clean. Ann Kirrage stated it was 3.5 hours once a month. Kaye questioned utilising Centerlink people to clean as part of their community service. Motion by Ross Earby – write to Alison regarding her services, asking that she suspends her work at this point pending Progress sorting out the best option financially for us. We also ask that she advises cost of public liability/personal accident insurance premiums and return any hall keys. 2nd Ann Kirrage.
  • Post office now at Gilelen Rural. Open 5.5 days.
  • Dirt at front of hall to construct gardens. Chris Campbell and Murray Fox doing.
  • Application through Stockland for $1000 grant. We have submitted an application for a new oven in the kitchen.
  • Kaye Hilaire moves that a padlock be reapplied to the gate to our paddock. 2nd Jocelyn Fox. We have a spare padlock and key which will be added in the next few days.
  • Clr Mark Kitchener – praised the progress meeting for working together to solve problems.
  • Old chairs on back verandah to be taken to the tip.
  • Community Day – Saturday 14th March. Invitations have been sent to sponsors. Sue Campbell to place signage in local businesses. Also will do a flyer for mail boxes at Gilelen and local houses. Anne Simpson will put notice on the Wandandian website. Sue asked for approval for money to purchase bread, lollies, chips and nibbles for guests. Approved.
  • Ross Earby – Woodchop will be 18th October this year. Ross will organise again with help from volunteers.
  • Kaye Hilaire asked for quotes to have floor redone. Ross Earby said that he has asked Les Corish from IGA for community grant. He will follow up. Carry over to next meeting.
  • Ann Kirrage asked for email with hall bookings to be sent to her. Anne Simpson has been doing this.

Hall bookings as per attached sheet.

Meeting Closed: 8:45pm

NEXT MEETING: 7th April 2015 at 7:30pm


Minutes of Ordinary Meeting 3 February 2015

Meeting opened: 7:35pm

ATTENDANCE:
Sue Campbell
Jocelyn Fox
Kaye Hilaire
Ken Rankin
Carol Rankin
Sue Bray
Richard Eggins
Anne Simpson
Brett Simpson
Garry Druett
Cheryl Druett
Phillip Windley
Daphne Windley

APOLOGIES:
Murray Fox
Chris Campbell
Ray Stein
Kate Stein

CONFIRMATION OF MINUTES

Minutes of the December meeting were read and confirmed.

Accepted: Anne Simpson 2nd: Kaye Hilaire

Business Arising From Minutes:

  • Anne has not been to the bank at this point to add as signatory. She will do this.
  • Macey’s have been notified of address change and paperwork has been provided with correct address.
  • Sue Campbell investigated the insurance – notation added to cover volunteer worker. Letter from Centrelink attached.
  • Sue also discussed cleaner insurance. She will have to have her own. Cleaner cannot afford to pay her own insurance. Sue suggested a letter to her explaining that she works at own risk and also that anyone who enters the hall when she is here is under her liability.
  • Progress only liable for things such as malfunctioning equipment. We are not liable for people slipping on spilt food/drink etc.

CORRESPONDENCE:

IN:

  • Centrelink – refusal for volunteers registration
  • Premier and Cabinet – refusal of grant application
  • Website hosting bill (see Treasurers Report)
  • Request to complete a survey for an Urban Planning Dissertation
  • Square Dancers dates for 2015
  • CCB Newsletters December 2014 and January 2015
  • SCC Development Committee notice of meetings and associated paperwork
  • SCC re LGA issues for State Election
  • Resignation from Secretary Leith Davis
  • Heather Burge re Dementia Group dates 2015

OUT:

  • Email to SEC re use of hall for Elections
  • Square Dancers re 2015 dates
  • Dementia Group re dates

Correspondence Accepted: Kaye Hilaire 2nd: Ken Rankin

TREASURERS REPORT:
December:
Opening Balance                                             $11547.56
Income                                                             $    114.46
Expenses                                                          $   358.00

Closing Balance                                               $11304.02
========

January:
Opening Balance                                             $11304.02
Income                                                             $    284.60
Expenses                                                          $   247.50

Closing Balance                                               $10937.92
O/S Income                                                     $   600.00
O/S Expenses                                                  $   503.20
————–
Overall Balance                                               $11437.92
========

Accepted: Matt Thompson 2nd: Garry Druett

GENERAL BUSINESS:

  • Attempted break-in through the kitchen. Denis Hilaire did some panel work on the frame to secure it again. Anne Simpson has photos on her phone of the site. Denis has also renewed the screws that hold the other section tampered with. It is suggested that it might be some youth passing through the area or from the area. Thankfully some visiting campers notified Anne Simpson of suspicious behavior of some kids.
  • Discussion about our ‘good’ reputation on WikiCamps site online. Also discussion about number of campers using our site. Suggested we need some signage for not camping on Rural Fire Shed concrete. Brett Simpson could organise this on the roller doors of the shed. Maybe we should put a donation tin on the tennis fence or toilets to help with our associated costs of free campers.
  • Kaye Hilaire moved that we install bars on the kitchen windows to stop any future attempted break-ins. Suggested we approach Owen Wood about this for a quote. 2nd: Philip Windley. Kaye will contact Owen about this.
  • Clr. Alan Baptist – wants more information on footpath. Garry Druett spoke regarding this. Unsuccessful in obtaining grant. New application has been put in with IMB who have a similar community grant project. Hopefully will have a reply by next meeting. There is another avenue if this is unsuccessful – Veolia Mulawaree based in Goulburn.. (This is southern region funding). We will initially utilise the $7000 funding grant that we currently have. Garry to stay involved in securing funding via SCC. We should get started in 2015. Alan suggested a letter from Progress asking for additional funding through the 2016-2017 budget. Garry will do this letter on Progress behalf.
  • Clr. Patricia White spoke regarding other grant funding. 5 councils have a budget for this. Suggested that we do a search for council grants. Must be completely not for profit!
  • Clr. Alan Baptist – Wandandian sign has been designed and we will be the first on the list to have it constructed. Sue Campbell mentioned that the owners of the 2 properties where it is to be placed have submitted letters of objection to the location as it impedes their driveways. Suggested that we do a letter with an alternate location – email to either Alan or Patricia.  Anne Simpson to do this email. Location suggested that the location be south of the old post office before the gates into the paddock. Matt Thompson to take a photo of the location and send to Anne Simpson for her to include in the email to Alan and Patricia.
  • Kaye Hilaire paid her outstanding debt of $20 for a hat.
  • Murray Fox has not had a chance to fix toilet door. Will get onto it.
  • Community Day to be moved from 15th February to Saturday 14th March 3pm onwards. Ross Earby and Jocelyn Fox to do invitations for sponsors and volunteers. Signs to be placed in the local businesses to advertise the event.
  • Post office lease up at the end of the month. Not sure what will happen after this date with regards to a local post office. Business has been advertised on GumTree for $15000. There are a few other local businesses looking at taking it on.
  • Sport and Rec have supplied tennis rackets and balls for hire which are at located at the Coffee Garage and can be utilised by anyone with a booking.
  • Anne Simpson – hall bookings; we have had a cancellation due to our prices. Questioned why our fees so much compared to Tomerong Hall, however our hall twice the size. The person in question was invited to the meeting however did not attend. Daphne Windley questioned if fees were on the website. Yes they are.
  • Kaye Hilaire asked what we are doing regarding the secretary position. Jocelyn Fox will do until the AGM.

Meeting closed 8:35pm.

NEXT MEETING: 3rd March at 7:30pm


Minutes of Ordinary Meeting 2nd December 2014

Meeting opened at: 7:40pm

ATTENDANCE:
Sue Campbell
Anne Simpson
Phil Windley
Kaye Hilaire
Carol Rankin
Ken Rankin
Jocelyn Fox
Brett Simpson

APOLOGIES:
Leith Davis
Daphne Windley
Kate Stein
Chris Campbell

CONFIRMATION OF MINUTES

Minutes of the November meeting were read and confirmed.
Moved: Ken Rankin
Seconded: Kaye Hilaire

BUSINESS ARISING:

  • Guest Speaker Matthew Dimmock (Ability Links)… try for Feb
  • Ross Earby has produced and delivered Woodchop Certificates of Appreciation
  • Invites for sponsors get-together not yet done
  • Letters regarding footbridge done and sent out
  • Letter to Jan ready to go
  • No news on the toilet door yet.
  • Measurements for blind have been obtained, but as the window is an odd size the blind will need to be custom made. Kaye recommended getting quotes and going from there

CORRESPONDENCE: Not available

TREASURER’S REPORT:

OPENING BALANCE:                                          $ 11977.78
Income for month:                                                    $ 333.21
Expenditure for month:                                           $ 763.43

CLOSING BALANCE:                                          $ 11547.56

Accounts to be paid: NIL
Approved / Not approved
Discussion re bank signatories. Anne Simpson needs to go to the bank with ID to be added as a signatory.

Moved: Kaye Hilaire
Seconded: Phil Windley

GENERAL BUSINESS:

  • Sue has applied to Council for Wandandian Progress Association to be approved as a qualified organisation that needs volunteers so that people wo need to do voluntary work for Jobsearch can work for us
  • Anne noticed that our insurance paperwork has the wrong address. For some reason it showed Jan’s old address instead of the correct hall address. Sue has notified Macey’s and this will be corrected
  • There was discussion about the hall cleaning contract and it was pointed out that Alison would need to have her own public liability insurance.
  • Further discussion ensued as to whether or not bands at our functions are covered by our insurance or if they would need to have their own. This is to be investigated for future reference
  • Phil queried progress of the funding for the Wandean Road pathway. Garry had advised that there had been no updates.
  • On a motion from Phil Windley, which was seconded by Kaye Hilaire, that:
    The Sponsors’ Sausage Sizzle planned for 14th December be rescheduled till 15th Feb   and the Price Bros be invited to play, if they are available, for a fee to be determined.
    the meeting agreed and changed the date accordingly as many of the members would be unavailable to assist at the BBQ. Time to commence 12:00pm

Meeting closed at: 8:30pm
NEXT MEETING: 3rd February 2015

 


Minutes of Ordinary Meeting 4 November 2014

Meeting Opened: 7.35 pm

ATTENDANCE:
Jocelyn Fox
Shayne Iversen
Ann Kirrage
Kaye Hilaire
Ross Earby
Brett Simpson
Phillip Windley
Daphne Windley

APOLOGIES:
Matt Thompson
Murray Fox
Chris Campbell
Anne Simpson
Kate Stein

The President welcomed Councillor Patricia White to the meeting, and accepted Mayor Gash’s apologies.

CONFIRMATION OF MINUTES

Minutes of the October meeting were read and confirmed.
Moved: Brett Simpson Seconded: Kaye Hilaire

Business Arising from Minutes: carried through to reports and general business.

TREASURER’S REPORT:

Opening Balance                                                             $9607.74
Add Income                                                                    $8064.27
Less Expenses                                                                $5694.23

Balance as at 31 October 2014                                   $11977.78

The Treasurer also presented a separate financial report for the Woodchop and Expo:

Income:                                                                           $9396.45
Expenses:                                                                        $5046.48

Total Profit from Woodchop:                                       $4350.97

Moved to accept Treasurer’s report: Phillip Windley Seconded: Kaye Hilaire

CORRESPONDENCE:

In:
Various press releases from Shoalhaven City Council

Emails
Advice of development applications from Shoalhaven City Council

Letters

In:

  • from Shoalhaven City Council to all Community Consultative Bodies
  • public exhibition of draft policy for temporary storage (shipping) container on public land
  • letter of resignation as Public Officer and Hall Booking Officer from Mrs Janis Natt
  • letter from Shoalhaven City Council advising that a township sign will be installed at the northern approach to the village
  • letter from Shoalhaven City Council regarding the future provision of library services in the Milton area
  • letter from Shoalhaven City Council regarding works on the upgrade of Turpentine Road, Tomerong in the 2014-2015 financial year
  • letter from Shoalhaven City Council advising of likely changes to grant funding processes for traffic and transport facilities

Out: None
Moved to accept correspondence report: Kaye Hilaire Seconded: Brett Simpson

REPORTS

WOODCHOP

  • Jocelyn proposed formal appreciation of Ross’s wonderful job with the Woodchop, and the meeting expressed their appreciation.
  • The President suggested that the Association present certificates of appreciation to sponsors and main stakeholders. Jocelyn and Ross will prepare the certificates.
  • There is a considerable amount of leftover supplies and it has been decided that the Association hold a community sausage sizzle, inviting all the sponsors and supporters of the Woodchop. Jocelyn moved that the event be held on 14 December, seconded by Kaye Hilaire, to commence at 12 noon. Food and soft drinks will be provided, but other refreshments will be BYO. Invitations: the Secretary and Treasurer will develop and distribute invitations.

GENERAL BUSINESS

  •  A letter of resignation was received from Jan Natt, from her positions as hall booking officer and public officer. The President expressed the thanks of the Association to Jan for her sterling service to the community and the Association. Ross Earby moved that we write to Jan accepting her resignation, and Jocelyn seconded the motion.
  • Anne Simpson has accepted the position of public officer, and for the time being will undertake the duties of hall booking officer.
  • Jocelyn has received a submission from a community member asking for Association to write letters asking for improved pedestrian and bicycle access to Condies Creek bridge. The meeting agreed enthusiastically.
  • Post Office – the meeting discussed ongoing issues with the Post Office opening hours.
  • The President reported that a new cleaner has been appointed, initially on a 3 month trial, and commenced the week after the Woodchop; cleaning products are being stored in a locked cupboard at the hall.
  • Kaye Hilaire asked if a new door could be fitted to the ladies’ outside toilet. Jocelyn offered Murray Fox’s services. Kaye also mentioned the kitchen blind, which is being progressed.
  • Fairy lights – there was ongoing discussion about proposed replacements for the fairy lights.
  • Kaye Hilaire requested that the Progress Association send a card to Robin Kirrage. She will advise an address.

Report by Councillor White

  • The Mayor has visited China; the Shaolin Temple is going ahead in the new year, and will be completed within three years.
  • Council has submitted a grant application to update Huskisson wharf to provide facilities for cruise ships to visit the bay.
  • Council are undertaking a review of all their activities and assets.

Meeting Closed 8.55pm

NEXT MEETING: 7.30pm 2 Dec 2014


Minutes of Ordinary Meeting 6 October 2014

Meeting Opened: 7.40 pm

ATTENDANCE:
Leith Davis
Kate Stein
Ray Stein
Brett Simpson
Ann Kirrage
Ross Earby
Carol Rankin
Kay Hilaire
Sue Campbell
Matt Thompson
Garry Druett

APOLOGIES:
Anne Simpson
Daphne Windley
Phillip Windley
Jocelyn Fox
Ken Rankin
Cheryl Druett
Chris Campbell

CONFIRMATION OF MINUTES

Minutes of the September meeting were read and confirmed.

Moved: Ann Kirrage Seconded: Ross Earby

Business Arising from Minutes: carried through to reports and general business.

TREASURER’S REPORT:

Opening Balance 1 September 2014                                          $9306.95
Income                                                                                            $1297.79
Expenses                                                                                         $ 997.00
Closing Balance 28 July 2014                                                      $9607.74

Moved to accept Treasurer’s report: Kaye Hilaire Seconded: Brett Simpson

CORRESPONDENCE:

Press releases from Shoalhaven City Council, including:

  •  Culburra dog off leash
  • Development Control Plan for Mundamia Urban Release Area
  • Veron Estate
  • Shaolin Temple
  • Nowra Alive
  • IRIS survey
  • Fit for Future
  • Rescuing our Waterways
  • Threatened Species Competition
  • Shoalhaven art exhibition at NSW Parliament House
  • Roadworks progress – none in our area
  • Jets reception
  • Sister City delegation
  • South Coast Tourism Award reception
  • Nowra Alive Funding
  • Off Leash trial – finished 30 September
  • Entertainment Centre goes Pink
  • Collingwood Beach Dun Vegetation reference group
  • Roads to Recovery

 

Emails

  • CCB Newsletter
  • DAs
  • Ann Sudmalis: Round One of the Australian Government National Stronger Regions Fund now open
  • Alison Reminis: Cleaning tender

Letters
In:

  • Shoalhaven Contributions Plan 2010 – Draft Amendment No 5 Public Exhibition
  • Shoalhaven Shire Council – approval of Modification of DA for markets
  • Origin Energy: carbon repeal update, addressed to Mrs Wandandian Progress!!!
  • Shoalhaven Shire Council – No Purchase Order No Invoice Payment advice
  • Circular – invitation to community event ‘Meet the Grants Guy’

Out: None

Moved to accept correspondence report: Kaye Hilaire Seconded: Brett Simpson

REPORTS:

WOODCHOP
Ross Earby reported that:

  • Supply of blocks confirmed with Kevin Mathie and the SC Axemen’s Association
  • engraving of trophies is completed
  • static displays will be on ground by NSW Ambulance, Marine Rescue from Sussex Inlet and Nowra RFS
  • St Georges Basin IGA will supply food and lend a refrigerated truck
  • still need volunteers
  • have lodged a Road Occupancy License request with RMS. These normally take 10 days to process; RMS are trying to expedite.
  • Woodchop committee will meet a final time on 14 October
  • Raffle prizes: Kaye Hilaire moved that the committee authorise Ross to purchase a wheelbarrow, and Sue Campbell seconded.

PATHWAY:
Garry Druett reported that:

He has received a courtesy letter from Shoalhaven City Council; if our grant application is successful, council will approve start on the project early in the new year.

GENERAL BUSINESS

  • Fairy Lights: Ann Kirrage and Sue Campbell will progress this matter.
  • Village Sign: Matt Thompson received a phone call from Council requesting advice on placement. Brett Simpson and Matt Thompson will discuss placement on south side of the village.
  • Hall Cleaning: Sue Campbell reported that as advised by Councillor Baptist, she contacted Council for advice. They advised that cleaners must have an ABN, must hold public liability insurance for $10 million, and because of OHS issues must use own cleaning products. Sue obtained quotes from the three firms advised by Council, all quite expensive and inflexible. A tender was also received by email from Alison Reminis. The meeting considered that the service offered by Alison was more appropriate for the needs of the Hall, and agreed that Sue Campbell should discuss further with Alison.
  • Post Office: the meeting discussed issues with the Post Office opening hours.

HALL CLEANING FOR OCTOBER:
Kaye Hilaire

Meeting Closed 9 pm

NEXT MEETING: 7.30pm 4 November 2014