Meeting Opened: 7.40 pm
CONFIRMATION OF MINUTES
Minutes of the September meeting were read and confirmed.
Moved: Ann Kirrage Seconded: Ross Earby
Business Arising from Minutes: carried through to reports and general business.
Opening Balance 1 September 2014 $9306.95
Expenses $ 997.00
Closing Balance 28 July 2014 $9607.74
Moved to accept Treasurer’s report: Kaye Hilaire Seconded: Brett Simpson
Press releases from Shoalhaven City Council, including:
- Culburra dog off leash
- Development Control Plan for Mundamia Urban Release Area
- Veron Estate
- Shaolin Temple
- Nowra Alive
- IRIS survey
- Fit for Future
- Rescuing our Waterways
- Threatened Species Competition
- Shoalhaven art exhibition at NSW Parliament House
- Roadworks progress – none in our area
- Jets reception
- Sister City delegation
- South Coast Tourism Award reception
- Nowra Alive Funding
- Off Leash trial – finished 30 September
- Entertainment Centre goes Pink
- Collingwood Beach Dun Vegetation reference group
- Roads to Recovery
- CCB Newsletter
- Ann Sudmalis: Round One of the Australian Government National Stronger Regions Fund now open
- Alison Reminis: Cleaning tender
- Shoalhaven Contributions Plan 2010 – Draft Amendment No 5 Public Exhibition
- Shoalhaven Shire Council – approval of Modification of DA for markets
- Origin Energy: carbon repeal update, addressed to Mrs Wandandian Progress!!!
- Shoalhaven Shire Council – No Purchase Order No Invoice Payment advice
- Circular – invitation to community event ‘Meet the Grants Guy’
Moved to accept correspondence report: Kaye Hilaire Seconded: Brett Simpson
Ross Earby reported that:
- Supply of blocks confirmed with Kevin Mathie and the SC Axemen’s Association
- engraving of trophies is completed
- static displays will be on ground by NSW Ambulance, Marine Rescue from Sussex Inlet and Nowra RFS
- St Georges Basin IGA will supply food and lend a refrigerated truck
- still need volunteers
- have lodged a Road Occupancy License request with RMS. These normally take 10 days to process; RMS are trying to expedite.
- Woodchop committee will meet a final time on 14 October
- Raffle prizes: Kaye Hilaire moved that the committee authorise Ross to purchase a wheelbarrow, and Sue Campbell seconded.
Garry Druett reported that:
He has received a courtesy letter from Shoalhaven City Council; if our grant application is successful, council will approve start on the project early in the new year.
- Fairy Lights: Ann Kirrage and Sue Campbell will progress this matter.
- Village Sign: Matt Thompson received a phone call from Council requesting advice on placement. Brett Simpson and Matt Thompson will discuss placement on south side of the village.
- Hall Cleaning: Sue Campbell reported that as advised by Councillor Baptist, she contacted Council for advice. They advised that cleaners must have an ABN, must hold public liability insurance for $10 million, and because of OHS issues must use own cleaning products. Sue obtained quotes from the three firms advised by Council, all quite expensive and inflexible. A tender was also received by email from Alison Reminis. The meeting considered that the service offered by Alison was more appropriate for the needs of the Hall, and agreed that Sue Campbell should discuss further with Alison.
- Post Office: the meeting discussed issues with the Post Office opening hours.
HALL CLEANING FOR OCTOBER:
Meeting Closed 9 pm
NEXT MEETING: 7.30pm 4 November 2014