Meeting Opened: 7:40pm
Clr Patricia White
Minutes from previous meeting read. Accepted: Kaye Hilaire 2nd: Ross Earby
BUSINESS ARISING FROM MINUTES:
- Ross Earby has quotes from Nowra News and Sth Coast Register for wood chop ads – $190.00 for both. Ross has advised it would need to run twice. Move that we pay Ross Earby for ad. Ann Kirrage. 2nd Ken Rankin
- Actizyme purchased and Sue Campbell reimbursed.
- Les Corish in attendance – presented cheque for $2000 for floors. Thanks from Progress. Jocelyn Fox to do letter of thanks.
- SCC – letter Development application
- SCC – Media release Work on St Georges Basin Village Green
- SCC – Media release Shoalhaven City Arts Centre
- SCC – Media release Key Planning and Budget Documents
- Email – Garry Druett Change of email address
- NSW Dept of Fair Trading Financial Reporting Obligations
- B & N Flooring Services Quote for floor
- Letter of thanks Mr M Fox
- Letter of thanks Mrs A Kirrage
- Letter of thanks Mrs K Hilaire
- Letter of thanks Mr and Mrs R Stein
- Letter of thanks Mr and Mrs C Campbell
Moved by Les Corish 2nd Anne Simpson
Opening Balance $9771.75
Income $ 150.29
Closing Balance 27 April 2015 $8043.12
Accepted: Ross Earby 2nd: Ann Kirrage
- Floor quote – one verbal $4500, one written for $4890. Discussion regarding products and expenses. We only need stain not lacquer. We will ask B & N Flooring Services if the quote will cover stain as well. Unanimous support to get the floor done as quotes are reasonable. Kaye Hilaire will call B & N Flooring Services to see if they will keep same price for change of product.
- Anne Simpson advised that Square dancers not using hall in last week of May.
- Dinner dance – discussion about when to hold. Kate Stein suggested a warmer month. Kate and Jocelyn to formulate a plan and get back to next meeting.
- CCB Executive Meeting – Kaye Hilaire and Ann Kirrage attended. They were most welcome. They had lunch and it was lovely. The meeting was very informative and there were councilors who were familiar with Wandandian. They were able to understand what was being talked about. Placed into groups of 5 to discuss what each community does to encourage members and how they raise revenue. Lots of suggestions that came from this discussion already implemented by Wandandian Progress. Suggested that meetings should be done onto computer for ease (which is being done). Kaye presented the notes and paperwork issued to them from the meeting for all to look at.
- Sue Campbell in conversation with Les Corish regarding emergency services use of our grounds in light of the recent helicopter landings in our paddock and mucking it up. Sue questions if council might be able to provide funding for the upkeep of these areas, as we are a staging area for all emergency situations. Clr Patricia White suggested a letter to Ben Stewart for an onsite meeting regarding this, as he is who is in charge of all operations in emergency situations. Explain what we want and why. Ross Earby suggested some helicopter emergency landing light as well and this could be included into the letter. Kate Stein suggested a floodlight on the peak of the progress building. Jocelyn Fox to draft a letter and send to Sue Campbell and Ross Earby before sending out.
- Kaye Hilaire mentioned that we do not have the lock on the paddock gate. Will not lock it as not necessary.
- Clr Patricia White – accidents on the highway near Kladis Winery. Clr White mentioned that these accidents seem to be occurring in the wet weather and she feels that the water run off is a factor. She has spoken to RMS regarding this. They stated they have driven their detection vehicle over the spot but it was in the dry. Clr White requested it be done again in the wet. Should hear back next week. She has also spoken to Shelly Hancock regarding the bridge into Wandandian. State govt has a bucket of money to spend on these areas to help fix them. Clr White asked that Progress raise these issues with Shoalhaven Council Traffic Committee for the area from the Northern bridge to Bewong. Also include in this letter a request for a review of the speed limit – reduction through all of Wandandian. General discussion about this issue. Jocelyn Fox to draft the letter.
- Wandandian sign almost finished. Thank you council. Clever use of it to include Bewong and Wandandian on the same sign.
- Sue Campbell will place a sheet into the post office requesting locals email addresses for inclusion in minutes mail-out.
- Garry Druett regarding the footpath – still struggling to get finance for it. No success with IMB or state government. Next effort will be with Mulwaree Trust. Garry has spoken to the people involved with this organization. Garry pointed out the safety concerns we have. If they fund it, it will not be for the whole amount. Progress needs to match any funding by a third. We have $7000 committed by SCC. Progress will supply $3000. Has asked Mulwaree for $23000. Total of $33000. Garry has begun the paperwork and will submit this as soon as possible. Also been working with Michael Strachan who secured the $7000 from SCC for us. Environmental impact study has to be completed. Garry suggested that if we fail to secure funding, we will use the $7000 to begin the project anyway and then we have the avenue to secure more funding at a later stage. Garry will continue to chase this up. Follow up at next meeting.
- Sue Campbell – email received from Dept Fair Trading (as per correspondence in). It is regarding the lodgment of financial reports. They are running meetings at Bomaderry Bowling Club on Tuesday 19th May 2015 and Wednesday 20th May 2015. Late lodgment fee of $88 for last years report. Jocelyn Fox will send with financials from AGM 2015. Anne Simpson and Sue Campbell will attend the Wednesday meeting.
- Brett Simpson asked if we get pest inspections done. Fire Shed has been having some issues. Jocelyn Fox asked if we should get one done in light of the proximity of fire shed to progress hall. Sue Campbell suggested we get a quote. Ross Earby stated that a pest inspection costs approximately $250.00. Sue Campbell moved that we get a quote. Garry Druett suggested that treating would cost the same as the quote. Ross Earby suggested Bacchas Partners or DNA Pest Control. Ross Earby to call on Progress behalf.
- Sue advised that the storeroom will not be getting the floor done but suggested that we get a tough marine style carpet to lay there instead.
Meeting Closed at 8:30pm
NEXT MEETING: 2nd June 2015