WANDANDIAN PROGRESS ASSOCIATION INC.
MINUTES OF ORDINARY MEETING
Tuesday 5 June 2018
MEETING OPENED at: 7:40 pm
Sue Campbell (Pres), Eve Bray (A/g Sec), Ross Earby (VP), Richard Eggins (Treas),
Kaye Hilaire, Ann Kirrage, Chris Campbell, Anne Simpson, Brett Simpson, Ken Rankin,
Carol Rankin, Daphne Windley, Kate Stein.
APOLOGIES: Garry and Cheryl Druett, Arlene & John Whipp.
VISITORS: Ian Henderson
MINUTES of previous meeting
The minutes of the previous meeting held on 1 May 2018 as read be adopted.
Moved Anne Simpson Seconded Ross Earby Carried
BUSINESS ARISING from previous Minutes
Kay advised the cost of the band for the 50th Birthday celebrations should read $770.
It was then moved that other business arising from previous meeting be moved to general business.
Moved Kaye Hilaire Seconded Carol Rankin Carried
IN: Email from SCC advising the 2018 round of SCC Community Development Grants just opened with a submission deadline of 29 June: Funding up to $2000 with results notified by 31 July.
Moved Ann Kirrage Seconded Kate Stein Carried
Opening Balance as at 1st May 2018 $18,360.21
Income + 236.88
Expenses – 66.10
Closing Balance as at 31 May 2018 $17,957.23
- Chq 252 SCC Water $ 13.40
- Chq 255 NSW Fair Trading 45.00
Cashbook Balance as at 31 May 2018 $17,898.83
Moved that the treasurers Report as presented be accepted
Moved R. Eggins Seconded Kaye Hilaire Carried
1. Community Footpath Update: Eve Bray
Work on Stage 4 of the footpath (concrete yard to end of the watercourse) would commence on Wednesday 7 June when gravel would be delivered and some earth moving work would be done by a contractor. On Thursday the 8th, Garry, the Contractor and Richard would commence laying the pathway with their heavy machinery.
Eve asked for volunteers to help with maintenance work on the Stage 1 section commencing at the corner of Bollerang and Wandean Roads, for Thursday at 10am. BYO shovel or pruning shears and morning tea.
2. Woodchop Update: by Ross Earby (Event date – Sunday 21st October 2018)
• Events have now been finalised.
• Invites have gone out to sponsors with some results.
• Invites have gone out to stallholders and follow-ups will continue.
• Alison will provide a report at the next meeting.
3. Hall Booking Report: For June 2018 by Anne Simpson
• The Square Dancers – each Thursday evening, 7-10pm
• Shoalhaven Revival Fellowship – each Sunday, 1.30-4.30pm
• Casual hires: Landcare on Thursday 7 June, Teri Johnston Saturday 23 June and the Clancy Henderson party on Saturday 30 June.
• Advanced notice: Kerry Wood 80th party on Sunday 23 September.
4. Business Community Update
Australia Post update – The Shell Service Station have taken over the postal service. Staff have been trained, mail has been moved from the back room and is now sorted into pigeon holes out in the shop area making it easier for 1 staff member to handle.
5. OHS Issues: Nothing to report.
Update on 50th Anniversary Cabaret Dance (Saturday 10 November) by Kay Hilaire
• Samples of table centre placemats being laminated by Anne Sudmalis, and entry tickets costing $12.50 for 120, were shown.
• Raffle prizes include: O’nite stay at Bewong River Retreat, Harvey Norman – Canvas print 14”x11”, Bewong Roadhouse – meal voucher.
• Ruth Langford will donate a bottle of scotch for the coin toss.
• The South Coast Register will be present for the cake cutting.
• It is expected there will be at least 8 Councillors attending.
• A change of caters to Green Olive Café, who have their own staff, will cook in the hall and serve for $30 per head.
• Kaye is currently taking names for table bookings.
Moved that all Kay’s plans as reported be accepted and moved forward
Moved Anne Simpson Seconded Ross Earby Carried
Sue has prepared a SUEZ Grant application for $,8,500 for hall kitchen renovations as follows: Rewell Kitchens quoted $4,780 for cupboard replacement on two sides of the older part of the kitchen, and for a double sink to be installed. Joyce Mayne quoted $2599 for a double oven and $799 for a dishwasher. Total cost $8,178.
Additional expenses for Plumbing, Electrical and other incidental costs are not included in the SUEZ submission.
Maintenance: Sue reported that the outside toilet units (cistern and toilet seats x 2) will be replaced prior to the Woodchop event at a total cost of $154.
For Action: Ross reported that May Breuer (of Elstar Motorcycles, Wandandian) advised that her father-in-law Nev Ollis passed away on 11 May. Ross requested that a condolence card be sent to the family on behalf of Progress.
CCB Meeting attended by Anne Simpson and Eve Bray on 24 May in Ulladulla. Anne reported that most items were of general interest and an opportunity to listen to staff presentations on Finance, Tourism, Planning and Fire Services.
Expenditure Approval requested by Ross for the cost of advertising the Woodchop in the ‘About’ Magazine.
Moved Sue Campbell Seconded Richard Eggins Carried
Reminder of Committee absences:
Sue Campbell away June to September and Ross Earby away 29 June to 19 July 2018.
Next meeting will be held on Tuesday 3rd July 2018 and with there being no further business the meeting was closed at 8:25 pm.