GAVIN MURRAY APPEAL

It is with deep regret that we advise the Wandandian Community of the tragic death of Gavin Murray, the proprietor of Wandandian Auto Dismantlers ( formerly Wandandian Wreckers), in the truck accident on the highway on Monday 21st December 2015. His loss will be deeply felt by all who knew him. He was a hardworking friendly family man and his family will have a lot to cope with over the coming months.

To assist them Wandandian Progress Association has set up a fundraising account with the Bendigo Bank and any donations can be made at any Bendigo Bank by mentioning “Gavin Murray”. Any donation large or small will go towards helping Alison with the children’s future.

We will also be holding fundraising events, the first of which will be a Golf Day at Sussex Inlet.

Golf Day flyer

Golf Day fundraiser

Posted in Miscellaneous | Comments Off on GAVIN MURRAY APPEAL

FIRE PERMITS

Fire permits are required if you wish to burn off during the Bush Fire Danger Period. The Rural Fire Service provides information regarding fire permits on their website. Please note that even though you may have a permit you are required to heed current Bush Fire Danger warnings, as well as to inform your neighbours and the RFS Nowra, Phone (02) 4424 4424, 24 hours before you plan to do so.

Also please be aware that Fire Permits for the Wandandian area are issued by volunteers from the Wandandian Brigade who fulfill this role in addition to their work and family commitments. Please be patient and recognise that they have to inspect your proposed burn before they issue the permit and will do so as soon as is practicable. Currently Wandandian Brigade has only 3 Permit Issuing Officers so their workload is considerable.

Posted in Miscellaneous | Comments Off on FIRE PERMITS

Floods 24th-26th August 2015

Just a few photos following the deluge over the past couple of days. 396mm has fallen in the 48hours from Monday 24th-Wednesday 26th August.

10:00am Monday 18mm

10:00am Tuesday 155mm

10:00am Wednesday 223mm

Bob White's property Western side of causeway

Bob White’s property Western side of causeway

 

Bob White's property western side of causeway

Bob White’s property western side of causeway

Eastern side of Wandean Road near causeway

Eastern side of Wandean Road near causeway

Causeway on Hancock's Creek

Causeway on Hancock’s Creek

Posted in Miscellaneous | Comments Off on Floods 24th-26th August 2015

Minutes of Ordinary Meeting 2nd June 2015

Meeting opened 7:45pm

ATTENDANCE:
Sue Campbell
Jocelyn Fox
Anne Simpson
Kaye Hilaire
Mayor Joanna Gash
Clr Patricia White
Clr Alan Baptist
Ann Kirrage
Brett Simpson
Ross Earby
Ken Rankin
Carol Rankin

APOLOGIES:
Mathew Thompson
Les Myers
Kirsten Sandison
Kate Stein
Murray Fox
Ray Stein
Phillip Windley
Daphne Windley
Eve Bray
Richard Eggins
Chris Campbell
Gary Druett
Cheryl Druett

Minutes from previous meeting read. Accepted: Anne Simpson 2nd: Ken Rankin

BUSINESS ARISING FROM MINUTES: 

  • Sue Campbell contacted B & N Flooring regarding the quote. The floor has now been done for $4600.00.
  • Dinner dance – Jocelyn Fox and Kate Stein suggest a Trivia Night in September and a Karaoke night in February.
  • Wandandian sign finished.
  • Gary Dreutt not here to discuss footpath. Carry to next meeting.
  • Sue Campbell and Anne Simpson attended Dept Fair Trading meeting. Found it informative. Anne Simpson has created registers that they require – committee and members, conflict of interest, etc. To be stored on site.
  • Pest inspection – Ross Earby asked DNA and they will get back to us.
  • Email board at the post office. Business register set up with local businesses around the grounds for travellers.

CORRESPONDENCE IN:

  • Dept of Fair Trading
  • SCC – letter re: Princes Highway
  • Bendigo bank re: access online to view only
  • SCC – Notice of meeting of development committee

CORRESPONDENCE OUT:

  • SCC – Ben Stewart re: use of facilities
  • SCC Traffic Committee re: review of bridge and road
  • Les Corish – IGA re: thanks for community grant

Accepted: Kaye Hilaire 2nd:Ken Rankin

TREASURERS REPORT:

Opening balance 1 May 2015                                                   $8043.12
Add Income                                                                                 $2567.05
————
$10610.17
Less Expenses                                                                             $4639.18
————-
Closing balance 31 May 2015                                                    $5970.99
========

O/S Expenses – Dept of Fair Trading $ 139.00

Moved: Ann Kirrage 2nd: Carol Rankin

GENERAL BUSINESS:

  • Jocelyn Fox expressed that we should be doing Acknowledgement of Country. She will get a copy of it and moved that we do this from the next meeting on. 2nd by Ross Earby.
  • Sue Campbell presented the advertisement that Ross Earby placed in the papers for the Woodchop. Already getting interest in the event from businesses and market holders. Ross working on the Woodchop – events listing done. Events pretty much the same as last year – 8 event listing. There were 9 last year as Toby Davis added his event at the last minute on the day. Ad in the Axemen’s calendar. Ross requires a cheque for the Axemen’s Association. Jocelyn Fox to write.
  • Mayor Joanna Gash – development meeting was on today. Feels that they are getting things done. Council very busy. DA’s very busy – approx. 16 dwellings approved per week. Big motel Vincentia complex approved. Dan Murphy’s opening soon. Callala Beach land sold. Manyana Skate Park approved. Pool to be open in September. Oallen Bridge almost completed. Thanked Clr’s for attending our meetings. Turpentine Road should begin in July.
  • Clr Patricia White believes we have the best supper at Progress Meetings. She stated that our grounds are looking fantastic. Believes that there has been such an improvement over the past couple of years in the town. Spoke to Ben Stewart regarding our letter. He has indicated that he is happy to come and talk to us. Clr White suggested we call as a follow up to the letter that was sent. Attended Eurobodalla meeting – they suggested that they want SCC to be involved with them. Meeting yesterday regarding budget. With reference to rates they only received 5 submissions out of 55000 ratepayers regarding this. Has attended conferences on a variety of issues. Went to Wivenhoe dam and was given a presentation on the floods and a tour of the walls. Budget works for Sussex Inlet to include bridgework.
  • Clr Alan Baptist – SCC spending over $200 million over the next 2 years which will cover RMS issues and pipeline under the Shoalhaven River. When Alan saw the Wandandian sign up and completed he was very happy. It will have a garden placed around it. Asked how we feel with regards to SCC and how they are moving and performing. Sue Campbell feels that the consolidation of departments as a cost cutting exercise has been effective. She also acknowledges that the council is very busy and keeping some things really fun, such as the yellow piano. Ross Earby mentioned developers and their gripe with council, yet stated that it allows for confidence knowing that council have employed people to assist with the workload. General discussion.

Meeting closed 8:25pm

NEXT MEETING: 7th July at 7:30pm

Posted in Ordinary Meetings | Leave a comment

Minutes of the Annual General Meeting 5th May 2015

ATTENDANCE:
Sue Campbell
Jocelyn Fox
Kay Hilaire
Ann Kirrage
Clr Patricia White
Garry Druett
Cheryl Druett
Richard Eggins
Kate Stein
Ray Stein
Ian Henderson
Ken Rankin
Carol Rankin
Ross Earby
Anne Simpson
Brett Simpson
Daphne Windley
Chris Campbell
Les Corish

APOLOGIES:
Murray Fox
Jo Gash
Eve Bray
Jan Natt
Phillip Windley
Meeting opened: 8:35pm

Minutes from previous meeting read. Accepted: Anne Simpson 2nd: Kaye Hilaire

REPORTS:

President’s Report:
A very rewarding and exciting year in Wandandian.

    • The annual Community expo and Woodchop in October was a resounding success. Ross Earby took over as coordinator and did an exemplary job. We had some outstanding & generous sponsors who helped to make the day so special. We combined the Woodchop Events with a small market day, some static displays and live music. The hot food at the tennis shed and the cold food etc in the hall all contributed to the day. All in all it was one of our most profitable and successful days.
    • Community Day: This was held on the 14th March this year and was organised to thank all our volunteers and to help our local community get to know one another better. Although only a small turnout it was an enjoyable afternoon.
    • Grounds Maintenance- We have been successful in obtaining Centrelink approval to accept volunteers over the age of 55 who are required to complete up to 30 hours per fortnight doing volunteer work. Chris Campbell has taken over the responsibility of our grounds and building maintenance and is doing a terrific job. I think we can all agree that the area is looking great.
    • Progress is trying to obtain funding to construct a footpath alongside Wandean Road. This will benefit all in our community who regularly walk (or would if they felt safer) up and down the road. Although no funding as yet Garry Druett is keeping us updated on his efforts to find funds. Council has indicated they fully support this initiative.
    • We now have new Holland blinds in the kitchen (supplied and installed by David Elton of Shoalhaven Blinds from Bewong at cost)
    • We also have new security bars on the outside of the same kitchen windows supplied and installed by another local Owen Wood. This will help with the overall security of our Hall.
    • New gardens have been placed either side of the ramp at the front of the hall to make it more attractive. These were achieved at very little cost to Progress and look great.

Overall a very productive and satisfying year. Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed throughout the year.

Sue Campbell
President

Treasurers Report:
This past 12 months has been busy for Progress. We must thank the hard work of Ross Earby for the wonderful Woodchop and Field Day, and to all of those who assisted on the day. Hall bookings have continued to be steady with some regular bookings now filling the calendar and many private functions being held. We have continued to seek out available grants/funding from a variety of sources and will continue to so over the next 12 months. Thank you to everyone who works to make the Wandandian Progress Association as wonderful as it is. The books will be taken to Melissa Salway of Salway Taxation and Accounting for review after this meeting.

Jocelyn Fox
Treasurer

Opening Balance 29/4/2014                                                             $6047.31
Closing Balance 27/4/2015                                                               $8043.12

Yearly Income                                                                                   $16666.60
Yearly Expenses                                                                                $14670.79

Profit for Year Ending 27/4/2015                                                    $1995.81

Moved: Ken Rankin 2nd: Ray Stein

 

ELECTION OF COMMITTEE MAY 2015 – APRIL 2016:

PRESIDENT:
Sue Campbell
Nominated: Anne Simpson
2nd: Cheryl Druett
Moved

VICE PRESIDENT 1:
Ross Earby Nominated: Jocelyn Fox
2nd: Les Corish
Moved

SECRETARY:
No nominations – Jocelyn Fox to fill in until secretary found

TREASURER:
Jocelyn Fox
Nominated: Sue Campbell
2nd: Ken Rankin
Moved

PUBLIC OFFICER:
Anne Simpson
Nominated: Sue Campbell
2nd: Jocelyn Fox
Moved

WEBSITE:

Anne Simpson
Nominated: Anne Simpson
2nd: Jocelyn Fox
Moved

HALL BOOKINGS:

Anne Simpson
Nominated: Kaye Hilaire
2nd: Les Corish
Moved

AUDITOR:
Melissa Salway Unanimous

GENERAL BUSINESS:

  • membership to remain at $10
  • Quorum to remain at 5 members
  • Hall hire costs to remain the same
  • Co-ordinates South 35”05.313 East 150”30.666 Time capsule to be opened in 2035.
  • Treasurer to submit financial report to Dept of Fair Trading.

Meeting closed: 8:50pm

Posted in Ordinary Meetings | Leave a comment

Minutes of Ordinary Meeting 5th May 2015

Meeting Opened: 7:40pm

ATTENDANCE:

Sue Campbell
Jocelyn Fox
Kaye Hilaire
Ann Kirrage
Clr Patricia White
Chris Campbell
Ian Henderson
Ross Earby
Brett Simpson
Anne Simpson
Ken Rankin
Carol Rankin
Garry Druett
Cheryl Druett
Ray Stein
Kate Stein
Daphne Windley
Les Corish

APOLOGIES:
Murray Fox
Sue Henderson
Belinda Tekis
Andrew Tekis
Jo Gash
Eve Bray
Jan Natt
Phillip Windley

Minutes from previous meeting read. Accepted: Kaye Hilaire 2nd: Ross Earby

BUSINESS ARISING FROM MINUTES:

  • Ross Earby has quotes from Nowra News and Sth Coast Register for wood chop ads – $190.00 for both. Ross has advised it would need to run twice. Move that we pay Ross Earby for ad. Ann Kirrage. 2nd Ken Rankin
  • Actizyme purchased and Sue Campbell reimbursed.
  • Les Corish in attendance – presented cheque for $2000 for floors. Thanks from Progress. Jocelyn Fox to do letter of thanks.

CORRESPONDENCE IN:

  • SCC – letter Development application
  • SCC – Media release Work on St Georges Basin Village Green
  • SCC – Media release Shoalhaven City Arts Centre
  • SCC – Media release Key Planning and Budget Documents
  • Email – Garry Druett Change of email address
  • NSW Dept of Fair Trading Financial Reporting Obligations
  • B & N Flooring Services Quote for floor

CORRESPONDENCE OUT:

  • Letter of thanks Mr M Fox
  • Letter of thanks Mrs A Kirrage
  • Letter of thanks Mrs K Hilaire
  • Letter of thanks Mr and Mrs R Stein
  • Letter of thanks Mr and Mrs C Campbell

Moved by Les Corish 2nd Anne Simpson

TREASURERS REPORT:

Opening Balance                                                                       $9771.75
Income                                                                                       $ 150.29
Expenses                                                                                   $1878.92
————
Closing Balance 27 April 2015                                               $8043.12
=======
Accepted: Ross Earby 2nd: Ann Kirrage

GENERAL BUSINESS:

    • Floor quote – one verbal $4500, one written for $4890. Discussion regarding products and expenses. We only need stain not lacquer. We will ask B & N Flooring Services if the quote will cover stain as well. Unanimous support to get the floor done as quotes are reasonable. Kaye Hilaire will call B & N Flooring Services to see if they will keep same price for change of product.
    • Anne Simpson advised that Square dancers not using hall in last week of May.
    • Dinner dance – discussion about when to hold. Kate Stein suggested a warmer month. Kate and Jocelyn to formulate a plan and get back to next meeting.
    • CCB Executive Meeting – Kaye Hilaire and Ann Kirrage attended. They were most welcome. They had lunch and it was lovely. The meeting was very informative and there were councilors who were familiar with Wandandian. They were able to understand what was being talked about. Placed into groups of 5 to discuss what each community does to encourage members and how they raise revenue. Lots of suggestions that came from this discussion already implemented by Wandandian Progress. Suggested that meetings should be done onto computer for ease (which is being done). Kaye presented the notes and paperwork issued to them from the meeting for all to look at.
    • Sue Campbell in conversation with Les Corish regarding emergency services use of our grounds in light of the recent helicopter landings in our paddock and mucking it up. Sue questions if council might be able to provide funding for the upkeep of these areas, as we are a staging area for all emergency situations. Clr Patricia White suggested a letter to Ben Stewart for an onsite meeting regarding this, as he is who is in charge of all operations in emergency situations. Explain what we want and why. Ross Earby suggested some helicopter emergency landing light as well and this could be included into the letter. Kate Stein suggested a floodlight on the peak of the progress building. Jocelyn Fox to draft a letter and send to Sue Campbell and Ross Earby before sending out.
    • Kaye Hilaire mentioned that we do not have the lock on the paddock gate. Will not lock it as not necessary.
    • Clr Patricia White – accidents on the highway near Kladis Winery. Clr White mentioned that these accidents seem to be occurring in the wet weather and she feels that the water run off is a factor. She has spoken to RMS regarding this. They stated they have driven their detection vehicle over the spot but it was in the dry. Clr White requested it be done again in the wet. Should hear back next week. She has also spoken to Shelly Hancock regarding the bridge into Wandandian. State govt has a bucket of money to spend on these areas to help fix them. Clr White asked that Progress raise these issues with Shoalhaven Council Traffic Committee for the area from the Northern bridge to Bewong. Also include in this letter a request for a review of the speed limit – reduction through all of Wandandian. General discussion about this issue. Jocelyn Fox to draft the letter.
    • Wandandian sign almost finished. Thank you council. Clever use of it to include Bewong and Wandandian on the same sign.
    • Sue Campbell will place a sheet into the post office requesting locals email addresses for inclusion in minutes mail-out.
    • Garry Druett regarding the footpath – still struggling to get finance for it. No success with IMB or state government. Next effort will be with Mulwaree Trust. Garry has spoken to the people involved with this organization. Garry pointed out the safety concerns we have. If they fund it, it will not be for the whole amount. Progress needs to match any funding by a third. We have $7000 committed by SCC. Progress will supply $3000. Has asked Mulwaree for $23000. Total of $33000. Garry has begun the paperwork and will submit this as soon as possible. Also been working with Michael Strachan who secured the $7000 from SCC for us. Environmental impact study has to be completed. Garry suggested that if we fail to secure funding, we will use the $7000 to begin the project anyway and then we have the avenue to secure more funding at a later stage. Garry will continue to chase this up. Follow up at next meeting.
    • Sue Campbell – email received from Dept Fair Trading (as per correspondence in). It is regarding the lodgment of financial reports. They are running meetings at Bomaderry Bowling Club on Tuesday 19th May 2015 and Wednesday 20th May 2015. Late lodgment fee of $88 for last years report. Jocelyn Fox will send with financials from AGM 2015. Anne Simpson and Sue Campbell will attend the Wednesday meeting.
    • Brett Simpson asked if we get pest inspections done. Fire Shed has been having some issues. Jocelyn Fox asked if we should get one done in light of the proximity of fire shed to progress hall. Sue Campbell suggested we get a quote. Ross Earby stated that a pest inspection costs approximately $250.00. Sue Campbell moved that we get a quote. Garry Druett suggested that treating would cost the same as the quote. Ross Earby suggested Bacchas Partners or DNA Pest Control. Ross Earby to call on Progress behalf.
    • Sue advised that the storeroom will not be getting the floor done but suggested that we get a tough marine style carpet to lay there instead.

Meeting Closed at 8:30pm

NEXT MEETING: 2nd June 2015

Posted in Miscellaneous | Leave a comment

Minutes of Ordinary 7 April 2015

Meeting opened: 7:40pm

ATTENDANCE:
Jocelyn Fox
Kaye Hilaire
Brett Simpson
Ann Kirrage
Ian Henderson
Ross Earby

APOLOGIES:

Murray Fox
Sue Campbell
Chris Campbell
Cheryl Druett
Gary Druett
Anne Simpson

Minutes of previous meeting read. Accepted: Ann Kirrage 2nd: Ross Earby

BUSINESS ARISING FROM MINUTES:

  • Invoice in from Owen Wood received and accepted for $401.50. Treasurer to pay. Accepted by Kaye Hilaire. 2nd : Ann Kirrage
  • Blinds up and already paid for
  • Gardens done and look great. Thanks to Chris Campbell and Murray Fox. Kaye Hilaire moves that we send a letter to Kate and Ray Stein for their work on the bollards and also a letter to Murray Fox and Chris Campbell for the gardens. Jocelyn to do letters. 2nd: Jocelyn Fox.

CORRESPONDENCE IN:

  • Receipt from DataWave
  • SCC email – ‘Hey Tosser’ campaign
  • SCC letter – dredging works
  • Macey Insurance re cover of hall

CORRESPONDENCE OUT:

  • Letter to Alison Reminis re cleaning

Correspondence moved: Ross Earby. 2nd: Brett Simpson

TREASURERS REPORT:
Opening Balance                                                                 $11704.49
Income                                                                                  $ 1158.92
Expenses                                                                              $ 3091.66
—————
Closing Balance 31 March 2015                                         $ 9771.75
========

Accepted: Ann Kirrage 2nd: Ian Henderson

GENERAL BUSINESS:

  • Sue Campbell requests that we can purchase ACTIZYME for the septic system. Cost approx. $18.00. Use approx. 1 tablespoon per week. Moved to accept Jocelyn Fox. 2nd Brett Simpson.
  • Garden materials donated by Murray Fox and installed by Murray Fox – no charge. Work completed by Sue and Chris Campbell. Plants donated by Ann Kirrage and Kaye Hilaire.
  • Letter to Sue Campbell from Judee Nolan – CCB Executive meeting. Invitation to CCB meeting at Council Administrative rooms to discuss any ‘city-wide’ issues which we may have. Discussion about items for the agenda. Village signs discussed – crooked/uneven etc. Jocelyn Fox to email Judee Nolan for this to go on the agenda. Kaye Hilaire and Ann Kirrage to attend the meeting as Wandandian representatives in lieu of Sue Campbell and Jocelyn Fox. Ian Henderson also mentioned the ‘black spot’ sign near Bewong. He feels that we should invite the council to exert pressure on the appropriate bodies for this known area and improvements to it. Brett Simpson added that it should be for all black spot areas in the Shoalhaven.
  • Floor – Ross Earby has not been able to catch up with Les Corish, however Sue Campbell has sent word that she saw Les and he has donated $2000.00 for the floor to be done. Jocelyn Fox to await notification before sending a thank you letter to Les pending donation from IGA or him personally.
  • Sue Campbell sent a laminated copy of signage to be placed around the Progress Association and Sport and Rec to alert campers that we are community funded and donations would be accepted gratefully. The donations box in the Sport and Rec door has been started. Ross Earby suggested that the slot needs to be high enough to deter silly actions of silly people.
  • Kaye Hilaire announced that the next meeting is the AGM – 5th May – and there are some positions available.
  • Kaye Hilaire mentioned the dinner dance – are we having one? To be carried over to the next meeting.
  • Ross Earby asked to be able to put an ad in the South Coast Register and the Sussex Inlet Weekly and the About Magazine for the Woodchop. Moved by Ross Earby. 2nd Jocelyn Fox.
  • Ian Henderson mentioned his hall hire in March – thanked the venue as it was wonderful for the function. Jocelyn Fox to organise bond refund.
  • Ross Earby asked what is happening with the path? Brett Simpson advised we did not get the grant. Gary Druett not here to let us know what other options are available. Carry over to the next meeting.

Hall bookings as per sheet.

Hall cleaning being done by Sue Campbell, Kaye Hilaire and Ann Kirrage.

Meeting closed: 8:30pm

NEXT MEETING: 5th May 2015 at 7:30pm

 

Posted in Ordinary Meetings | Leave a comment

Minutes of Ordinary Meeting 3 MARCH 2015

Meeting opened: 7:37pm

ATTENDANCE:
Sue Campbell
Jocelyn Fox
Kaye Hilaire
Ann Kirrage
Eve Bray
Richard Eggins
Shayne Iversen
Anne Simpson
Ross Earby
Phillip Windley
Daphne Windley
Clr Amanda Findley
Clr Mark Kitchener
Murray Fox

APOLOGIES:
Gary Druett
Cheryl Druett
Chris Campbell
Carol Rankin
Ken Rankin
Brett Simpson

Minutes of previous meeting read. Accepted: Anne Simpson 2nd: Kaye Hilaire

Business Arising from Minutes:

  • Treasurer reports that the balance in the Minutes from last meeting should have been recorded as $11341.12 as was the closing bank statement balance not $11437.92 as was the cash book balance after outstanding income and expenses were factored in. All noted on the Treasurers Report in the correct format just recorded in the Minutes incorrectly. Apologies.
  • Sign – Ann Kirrage spoke with Kaye Murray. Ann provided alternate location on the other side of the driveway – Sthn side of the mill driveway. Ann suggested on the flat near Mr Spear’s paddock. Council would maintain.
  • Secretary error in last minutes – Centerlink letter was approval to use not declining approval. Apologies.

CORRESPONDENCE IN:

  • SCC email – potential phone scam
  • SCC email – host of MX Nationals in August
  • SCC email – ensure dogs are secure
  • SCC email – REMS Stage 1B review of environmental factors
  • SCC email – Building Communities; one handshake at a time
  • SCC email – Community Grants Scheme
  • SCC email – Youth Week
  • SCC email – dumping of waste
  • SCC email – Senior’s Week
  • Alison Reminis Cleaning – regarding public liability insurance
  • Valuer General – Notice of Land Valuation

CORRESPONDENCE OUT:

  • Various invitations to Woodchop sponsors for Community Day.

TREASURERS REPORT:
Opening Balance                                                    $11341.12
Income                                                                      $ 804.57
Expenses                                                                   $ 441.20
————–
Closing Balance                                                      $11704.49
————–

O/S Expenses                                                          $ 234.95
————–
Balance after o/s expenses                                 $11569.54
(cash book balance)

Accepted: Kaye Hilaire 2nd: Anne Simpson

GENERAL BUSINESS:

  • Sue Campbell obtained quote for Holland blinds with stainless steel accessories for $231.00. Anne Simpson moved we go ahead with order. 2nd Kaye Hilaire.
  • Owen Wood quote for bars on the windows – $401.50. Kaye Hilaire moved we accept quote. 2nd Ann Kirrage.
  • Discussion of public liability requirements of any contract cleaner. Our insurance does not cover cleaner. We are happy with Alison Reminis’ work. Ann Kirrage expressed thought it was cleaner once a month and volunteers weekly – this was agreed upon as was the general idea. Ross Earby suggested we ask Alison to clean weekly only and have volunteers alternate week. Phillip Windley asked how long it should take for a major clean. Ann Kirrage stated it was 3.5 hours once a month. Kaye questioned utilising Centerlink people to clean as part of their community service. Motion by Ross Earby – write to Alison regarding her services, asking that she suspends her work at this point pending Progress sorting out the best option financially for us. We also ask that she advises cost of public liability/personal accident insurance premiums and return any hall keys. 2nd Ann Kirrage.
  • Post office now at Gilelen Rural. Open 5.5 days.
  • Dirt at front of hall to construct gardens. Chris Campbell and Murray Fox doing.
  • Application through Stockland for $1000 grant. We have submitted an application for a new oven in the kitchen.
  • Kaye Hilaire moves that a padlock be reapplied to the gate to our paddock. 2nd Jocelyn Fox. We have a spare padlock and key which will be added in the next few days.
  • Clr Mark Kitchener – praised the progress meeting for working together to solve problems.
  • Old chairs on back verandah to be taken to the tip.
  • Community Day – Saturday 14th March. Invitations have been sent to sponsors. Sue Campbell to place signage in local businesses. Also will do a flyer for mail boxes at Gilelen and local houses. Anne Simpson will put notice on the Wandandian website. Sue asked for approval for money to purchase bread, lollies, chips and nibbles for guests. Approved.
  • Ross Earby – Woodchop will be 18th October this year. Ross will organise again with help from volunteers.
  • Kaye Hilaire asked for quotes to have floor redone. Ross Earby said that he has asked Les Corish from IGA for community grant. He will follow up. Carry over to next meeting.
  • Ann Kirrage asked for email with hall bookings to be sent to her. Anne Simpson has been doing this.

Hall bookings as per attached sheet.

Meeting Closed: 8:45pm

NEXT MEETING: 7th April 2015 at 7:30pm

Posted in Ordinary Meetings | Leave a comment

Minutes of Ordinary Meeting 3 February 2015

Meeting opened: 7:35pm

ATTENDANCE:
Sue Campbell
Jocelyn Fox
Kaye Hilaire
Ken Rankin
Carol Rankin
Sue Bray
Richard Eggins
Anne Simpson
Brett Simpson
Garry Druett
Cheryl Druett
Phillip Windley
Daphne Windley

APOLOGIES:
Murray Fox
Chris Campbell
Ray Stein
Kate Stein

CONFIRMATION OF MINUTES

Minutes of the December meeting were read and confirmed.

Accepted: Anne Simpson 2nd: Kaye Hilaire

Business Arising From Minutes:

  • Anne has not been to the bank at this point to add as signatory. She will do this.
  • Macey’s have been notified of address change and paperwork has been provided with correct address.
  • Sue Campbell investigated the insurance – notation added to cover volunteer worker. Letter from Centrelink attached.
  • Sue also discussed cleaner insurance. She will have to have her own. Cleaner cannot afford to pay her own insurance. Sue suggested a letter to her explaining that she works at own risk and also that anyone who enters the hall when she is here is under her liability.
  • Progress only liable for things such as malfunctioning equipment. We are not liable for people slipping on spilt food/drink etc.

CORRESPONDENCE:

IN:

  • Centrelink – refusal for volunteers registration
  • Premier and Cabinet – refusal of grant application
  • Website hosting bill (see Treasurers Report)
  • Request to complete a survey for an Urban Planning Dissertation
  • Square Dancers dates for 2015
  • CCB Newsletters December 2014 and January 2015
  • SCC Development Committee notice of meetings and associated paperwork
  • SCC re LGA issues for State Election
  • Resignation from Secretary Leith Davis
  • Heather Burge re Dementia Group dates 2015

OUT:

  • Email to SEC re use of hall for Elections
  • Square Dancers re 2015 dates
  • Dementia Group re dates

Correspondence Accepted: Kaye Hilaire 2nd: Ken Rankin

TREASURERS REPORT:
December:
Opening Balance                                             $11547.56
Income                                                             $    114.46
Expenses                                                          $   358.00

Closing Balance                                               $11304.02
========

January:
Opening Balance                                             $11304.02
Income                                                             $    284.60
Expenses                                                          $   247.50

Closing Balance                                               $10937.92
O/S Income                                                     $   600.00
O/S Expenses                                                  $   503.20
————–
Overall Balance                                               $11437.92
========

Accepted: Matt Thompson 2nd: Garry Druett

GENERAL BUSINESS:

  • Attempted break-in through the kitchen. Denis Hilaire did some panel work on the frame to secure it again. Anne Simpson has photos on her phone of the site. Denis has also renewed the screws that hold the other section tampered with. It is suggested that it might be some youth passing through the area or from the area. Thankfully some visiting campers notified Anne Simpson of suspicious behavior of some kids.
  • Discussion about our ‘good’ reputation on WikiCamps site online. Also discussion about number of campers using our site. Suggested we need some signage for not camping on Rural Fire Shed concrete. Brett Simpson could organise this on the roller doors of the shed. Maybe we should put a donation tin on the tennis fence or toilets to help with our associated costs of free campers.
  • Kaye Hilaire moved that we install bars on the kitchen windows to stop any future attempted break-ins. Suggested we approach Owen Wood about this for a quote. 2nd: Philip Windley. Kaye will contact Owen about this.
  • Clr. Alan Baptist – wants more information on footpath. Garry Druett spoke regarding this. Unsuccessful in obtaining grant. New application has been put in with IMB who have a similar community grant project. Hopefully will have a reply by next meeting. There is another avenue if this is unsuccessful – Veolia Mulawaree based in Goulburn.. (This is southern region funding). We will initially utilise the $7000 funding grant that we currently have. Garry to stay involved in securing funding via SCC. We should get started in 2015. Alan suggested a letter from Progress asking for additional funding through the 2016-2017 budget. Garry will do this letter on Progress behalf.
  • Clr. Patricia White spoke regarding other grant funding. 5 councils have a budget for this. Suggested that we do a search for council grants. Must be completely not for profit!
  • Clr. Alan Baptist – Wandandian sign has been designed and we will be the first on the list to have it constructed. Sue Campbell mentioned that the owners of the 2 properties where it is to be placed have submitted letters of objection to the location as it impedes their driveways. Suggested that we do a letter with an alternate location – email to either Alan or Patricia.  Anne Simpson to do this email. Location suggested that the location be south of the old post office before the gates into the paddock. Matt Thompson to take a photo of the location and send to Anne Simpson for her to include in the email to Alan and Patricia.
  • Kaye Hilaire paid her outstanding debt of $20 for a hat.
  • Murray Fox has not had a chance to fix toilet door. Will get onto it.
  • Community Day to be moved from 15th February to Saturday 14th March 3pm onwards. Ross Earby and Jocelyn Fox to do invitations for sponsors and volunteers. Signs to be placed in the local businesses to advertise the event.
  • Post office lease up at the end of the month. Not sure what will happen after this date with regards to a local post office. Business has been advertised on GumTree for $15000. There are a few other local businesses looking at taking it on.
  • Sport and Rec have supplied tennis rackets and balls for hire which are at located at the Coffee Garage and can be utilised by anyone with a booking.
  • Anne Simpson – hall bookings; we have had a cancellation due to our prices. Questioned why our fees so much compared to Tomerong Hall, however our hall twice the size. The person in question was invited to the meeting however did not attend. Daphne Windley questioned if fees were on the website. Yes they are.
  • Kaye Hilaire asked what we are doing regarding the secretary position. Jocelyn Fox will do until the AGM.

Meeting closed 8:35pm.

NEXT MEETING: 3rd March at 7:30pm

Posted in Ordinary Meetings | Leave a comment

Minutes of Ordinary Meeting 2nd December 2014

Meeting opened at: 7:40pm

ATTENDANCE:
Sue Campbell
Anne Simpson
Phil Windley
Kaye Hilaire
Carol Rankin
Ken Rankin
Jocelyn Fox
Brett Simpson

APOLOGIES:
Leith Davis
Daphne Windley
Kate Stein
Chris Campbell

CONFIRMATION OF MINUTES

Minutes of the November meeting were read and confirmed.
Moved: Ken Rankin
Seconded: Kaye Hilaire

BUSINESS ARISING:

  • Guest Speaker Matthew Dimmock (Ability Links)… try for Feb
  • Ross Earby has produced and delivered Woodchop Certificates of Appreciation
  • Invites for sponsors get-together not yet done
  • Letters regarding footbridge done and sent out
  • Letter to Jan ready to go
  • No news on the toilet door yet.
  • Measurements for blind have been obtained, but as the window is an odd size the blind will need to be custom made. Kaye recommended getting quotes and going from there

CORRESPONDENCE: Not available

TREASURER’S REPORT:

OPENING BALANCE:                                          $ 11977.78
Income for month:                                                    $ 333.21
Expenditure for month:                                           $ 763.43

CLOSING BALANCE:                                          $ 11547.56

Accounts to be paid: NIL
Approved / Not approved
Discussion re bank signatories. Anne Simpson needs to go to the bank with ID to be added as a signatory.

Moved: Kaye Hilaire
Seconded: Phil Windley

GENERAL BUSINESS:

  • Sue has applied to Council for Wandandian Progress Association to be approved as a qualified organisation that needs volunteers so that people wo need to do voluntary work for Jobsearch can work for us
  • Anne noticed that our insurance paperwork has the wrong address. For some reason it showed Jan’s old address instead of the correct hall address. Sue has notified Macey’s and this will be corrected
  • There was discussion about the hall cleaning contract and it was pointed out that Alison would need to have her own public liability insurance.
  • Further discussion ensued as to whether or not bands at our functions are covered by our insurance or if they would need to have their own. This is to be investigated for future reference
  • Phil queried progress of the funding for the Wandean Road pathway. Garry had advised that there had been no updates.
  • On a motion from Phil Windley, which was seconded by Kaye Hilaire, that:
    The Sponsors’ Sausage Sizzle planned for 14th December be rescheduled till 15th Feb   and the Price Bros be invited to play, if they are available, for a fee to be determined.
    the meeting agreed and changed the date accordingly as many of the members would be unavailable to assist at the BBQ. Time to commence 12:00pm

Meeting closed at: 8:30pm
NEXT MEETING: 3rd February 2015

 

Posted in Ordinary Meetings | Leave a comment