1. A tentative booking will be held for a period of seven (7) days from the date the booking was made (holding period)
2. A completed ‘Booking Application Form’ must be returned within the holding period to secure the booking. A $50 deposit is to be paid when booking a function/event (as per fee schedule).
This should be forwarded to:
The Booking Officer, Wandandian Progress Association,
1 Corang Avenue, Sussex Inlet 2540
unless otherwise noted. The bond is to be paid no later than one (1) calendar month before the function. If the booking is made less than one month before the function then the bond is to be paid with the booking deposit. The balance is to be paid when collecting the key. The bond will be refunded after the hall and surrounds have been inspected by a Progress Association representative following the function and if they are in a satisfactory condition
3. The key is to be collected from Coastal Angler, D2692 Princes Hwy, Wandandian and it must be returned within 24 hours after the end of the booking unless other arrangements have been made with the Association. Phone: Ron or Sandi on 44436091 during business hours to arrange collection.
4. At the discretion of the Association, Hirer may have access to the hall for decorating and setting up prior to the Hire Period.
5. Decorations are permitted provided they are not fixed to the walls with screws, hooks etc. It is the hirer’s responsibility to ensure that all decorations are removed at the conclusion of the booking.
6. The Hirer must not undertake any unlawful business within or involving the hall.
7. Any complaint arising from the use of the hall, INCLUDING EXCESSIVE NOISE may lead to refusal for future use of the hall.
CLEANING & SECURING OF PREMISES
8. All rubbish must be removed from the premises at the conclusion of the booking, and is not to be placed in the street litter bins.
9. The hall must be left in a clean and tidy condition. The Hall is available till 12:00pm the day following the function (e.g. weddings) to allow for the cleaning up. Cleaning equipment is located in the kitchen and storeroom and includes brooms, mops and buckets. Hirers must supply their own cleaning agents and cleaning must occur immediately after each activity including:
a. Washing up and putting away of all crockery and cutlery used during the booking
b. Cleaning of kitchen benches
c. Sweeping and mopping kitchen floor
d. Sweeping hall floor
e. Urns and Zip water heater must be turned off
f. Switch off all power points EXCEPT refrigerators
g. At the end of the booking, all furniture and appliances must be returned to their original position. All items brought onto the premises by the Hirer must be removed by the end of the booking, unless arrangements have been made with Association
h. All windows and doors are secured
i. All lights (except security sensor lights) and fans/heaters are turned off
10. If the hirer fails to comply with condition 9 above the cleaning will be done by Association members and the bond will be forfeited. A cleaning checklist is provided which should be completed by the Hirer returned with the key.
11. Wandandian Hall is in close proximity to residential areas and all activities must be carried out in a manner which does not cause offensive noise as defined by the Protection of the Environment Operations Act 1997 (Hirers should familiarise themselves with the regulations)
All functions must be concluded by 12.00am (midnight)
All persons are to have left the premises and area by 1am. It is the responsibility of the Hirer to ensure that guests leave the venue in a quiet and orderly fashion.
12. The Hirer shall, during the period of the hiring, be responsible for the behaviour of all persons using the hall, whatever their capacity.
PUBLIC LIABILITY INSURANCE
13. Organisations and groups should hold their own public liability insurance. The hall is hired at USERS’ OWN RISK.
SMOKING, DRUGS OR ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES
14. Wandandian Hall is a “non-smoking” venue. Smoking is not permitted within the hall. People may smoke outside. All cigarette butts must be placed in the bins provided for that purpose. No drugs or illegal substances are to be consumed or brought onto the premises.
15. Hirer is responsible for any damage caused to the hall or any fixtures, furniture or equipment, except for reasonable wear and tear. Any damage will be repaired by the Association and any expenses incurred will be deducted from the Bond. The Hirer should report any accidental damage to the hall, fixtures or furniture when returning the key.
16. The hall operates on a septic toilet system and patrons must not flush items such as disposable nappies, sanitary napkins, tampons, paper towels, facial tissues or cigarette butts down the toilet.
17. Hirer must ensure that the function is conducted in a safe manner by adhering to the following:
a. All exits are to be left clear during functions in case of emergency.
b. Candles are not to be used in the toilet blocks
c. Sleeping in the hall is not allowed under any circumstances. However patrons are allowed to have tents or caravans on site, provided they are away from the main parking area and care is taken when pitching tents so as not to cause damage to water pipes.
d. Ensuring that vehicles are parked in an orderly way so as to avoid obstruction of the highway and that parking does not contravene any traffic regulations
A fire hose, a fire blanket and 2 extinguishers are provided for use in emergencies.
CANCELLATION OF BOOKINGS BY THE ASSOCIATION
18. The booking will be deemed to be cancelled if the Hall and surrounds are commandeered by Government or other Emergency Services as a result of a Natural Disaster or other Emergency at the time. Likewise, if the hall is required as a Polling Place for Elections, the booking will be deemed cancelled. Under these circumstances the Hirer will receive full refund of monies previously paid, but Wandandian Progress Association will not be held accountable for any further compensation.
D2683 Princes Highway
For bookings phone 4441 1104 or complete the Application for Hire of Wandandian Hall.